*** PRO MODEL around 18 pounds total weight, comes with heavy duty AMC (acrylic marine canvas) cover and 2 rudders, 4" flatwater and surf rudder.
KAI WA’A VEGA FLEX PRO
By Kai Wa’a Canoes and Kayaks
Introducing Vega Flex, an intermediate, competitive surfski by Kai Wa’a
The Vega Flex, our most flexible surfski, provides both stability and speed for the intermediate and competitive paddler.
Our goal is simple. We want to incorporate additional stability with a performance surfski, to allow a larger variety of paddlers the experience they deserve.
LOA: 20’6” Beam: 18.25”
We took our hand shaped Vega design and made a few adjustments to create the Vega Flex for the intermediate competitive athlete.
The Kai Wa’a Vega design features are inherent in the Vega Flex, which include; A sharp entry, a bold rocker, and ample volume to keep you moving through the bumps and flat with smooth control, momentum & responsive acceleration.
- Width and height: The Vega Flex has a beam of 18.25 inches while the length is 20 feet 6 inches.
- Center: The cockpit walls are a bit lower than the Vega to allow easier remounting and the seat is wider to accommodate a wider range of paddlers.
- Entry: The nose has a little less volume in height due to the lowered gunwales around the cockpit allowing for less resistance in cross wind.
- Profile: The Vega Flex holds very similar lines to the Vega; from a distance they look identical.
- Drain: The Vega Flex has a scupper drain system underneath the hull that allows for continuous and effective draining.
- Foot brace: Adjustable foot brace steering system that is connected to a spring return rudder for optimal steering.
- Construction: Ozone Built 100% Carbon Fiber Prepreg, in single piece construction. Oven cured with 3x atmospheric pressure.
- Customization: The Vega Flex comes in a variety of colors and can include graphics, if desired.
- Pro Model: The Vega Flex is available as a Pro Model, eliminating 2-3 lbs weight. The logos and cockpit can be a customized color, however, no graphics or color changes to the hull, which is brushed primer.
QUOTE FROM KAI
“I’m really excited to be a part of building a surfski that will allow more paddlers to get out on the water and enjoy what the Vega design has to offer them. The Vega Flex maintains all the important design components of the Vega with small changes to create stability and comfort in using the surfski. Current Vega users have had great fun out on the water and have been really happy with the performance of the Vega.. Now that we have an intermediate competitive ski, I’m stoked more people will get to have the feeling!”